Arranging a Baptism
To arrange a Baptism in:
St. Conleth’s Parish Newbridge please contact Newbridge Parish Office
Phone 045 431394
Caragh Parish please contact Caragh Parish Office
Phone 045 875602
Preparation Meeting for Parents
Newbridge Parish requires parents to attend a preparation meeting before registering a child for Baptism. These meetings are held twice a month in the Parish Centre.
Baptism Ministers have been established in the Parish for over twenty years. They welcome the child on behalf of the Parish.
At present there are about twelve people on the team.Families are contacted by one of the ministers the week before their Baptism is due, to arrange a home visit, to help in the immediate preparation for Baptism.
Dates for Baptism Ceremonies
Baptisms take place every Saturday at 4.00 p.m. as follows:
- First Saturday of the month in St Conleth’s Parish Church,
- Second Saturday in Cill Mhuire,
- Third Saturday St. Conleth’s Parish Church,
- Fourth Saturday in the Dominican Church,
- Fifth Saturday in St Conleth’s Parish Church,
- and on the first and third Sunday at 11.30 p. m. in Cill Mhuire.
Baptisms in Caragh take place the first Sunday of the Month at 11.00am and the last Saturday of the month at 5.30pm. Please contact Caragh Parish Office at 045 875602
Baptismal Certificates can be obtained from the Parish Office. To facilitate us in our search for your Baptismal Certificate we need the following details as accurately as possible. Please give as much information as you can.
- First Names
- Family Name
- Father’s First Name and Family Name
- Mother’s First Name and Maiden Name
- Date of Birth
- Parish in which you were baptised
- Your full postal address.
The above information can be posted to us at: Parish Office, Station Road, Newbridge, Co. Kildare or emailed to: email@example.com