Arranging a Funeral
TO ARRANGE A FUNERAL CEREMONY PLEASE CONTACT THE PRIEST ON DUTY PHONE 087 2554908.
TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN BEREAVED
We want you to know that your sorrow and grief is shared by the whole Parish Family. We will support you in every possible way. We will also pray for you and with you.
There are two ceremonies in the Church:
1. “The reception at the Church”
This is a ceremony of prayers, readings and hymns.
2. The Funeral Mass
The Funeral Mass has a clear message of hope. We will provide you with a booklet containing a selection of Bible readings to choose from. Pick those that have special meaning for you. Some members of your family may be composed enough to do the readings. That would be great. But if it would be an ordeal, feel free to ask some friends of the family or a neighbour.
ORDER OF SERVICE
What to choose:
1. One reading from the Old Testament
2. One reading from the New Testament
3. Prayers of the Faithful (choose 4-5)
4. Offertory: Bread and Wine only
(Personal gifts that reflect the life of your loved one may be brought to the Altar at the beginning of the Mass)
5. Communion reflection (optional)
6. Music: choose from the Hymns suggested in our booklet. All music chosen should be appropriate to a religious ceremony following the guidelines for Music in the Church.