The parish of St Conleth is one of the largest in the country. The population within the parish boundaries is more than 25,000. The Christian presence in this area dates back continuously to the times of St Brigid and St Conleth who were contemporaries in the 5th century.
The parish has three churches catering for the worshipping Catholic community, St Conleth’s Parish Church, Cill Mhuire Ballymany and the Dominican Church.
The parish community is served by the Parish Team, consisting of 5 priests, 2 parish sisters and 1 Pastoral worker. There are also a great number of lay people actively involved in ministry groups and organisations, all of which contribute to a parish which is very much alive.
As a parish we welcome anyone who wishes to join us in any way for worship, for active involvement in our life and activities.
We strive to make our community a true Christian people, who try to live by the core values of the Gospel – love, compassion, support and acceptance.
The foundation stone of the Church of Our Lady and St. Joseph in Caragh was blessed on October 5th 1958 by Bishop Thomas Keogh. The Church is of Gothic design with an Anglo-Norman tower rising to a height of one hundred feet.
The Church was opened on May 1st 1960. In 2010 a major renovation project was [...]
The site for St. Conleth’s Parish Church was donated by the Mansfield family in 1847. The Church took 5 years to build and was opened for worship on Sunday 12thOctober 1852. Originally the Church was an oblong structure, (consisting of nave, choir and sanctuary). In 1894/5 the Church was enlarged with the addition of two [...]
St Eustace’s, Dominican Church
The Dominicans came to Newbridge in 1756, and the foundation of Naas was officially transferred to there in 1769 or 1777. Fr John Daly was the first prior of the transferred house, and he wrote, “Fr Hugh Reynolds lived permanently in the Naas district, the others being scattered throughout various [...]
Cill Mhuire, Ballymany
For many centuries the area of Ballymany had a church to serve the needs of the people of the area. It was destroyed sometime in the penal years. With the growth of Newbridge, it was decided in the 1970’s to build another church for the Parish in the Ballymany area.
Cill Mhuire was built and [...]