Principal: Mr P. O’Leary
Tel: 045 432 410
The Patrician Secondary School began on 26th August, 1958 with 27 students, using the present Primary School premises beside the Parish Church. On the 8th September, 1960 Mgr. Miller opened and blessed the Secondary School at Charlotte Street and 48 pupils attended. Brother Silverius, Principal, Brother Maurice, Mr Michael MacDermott and Mr PJ Kennedy were the first teachers in the school.
During the 1960’s this school flourished and expanded until it was no longer able to accommodate the number of boys seeking admission.
In 1969 the site of our present school was purchased and the following year the new Patrician Secondary School was opened with Brother Joseph as Principal.