Mass times for St. Eustace’s Dominican Church, Newbridge
Saturday:- 8.00am, 10.00 am & Vigil 8:00pm
Sunday:- 9:30am, 10:30am, 12 noon, 5:30pm
Mon-Fri:- 7.30am, 10.00am, 5.45pm
Holy Day: 17th March 09.30 a.m., 10.30 a.m., 12 noon, 5.30 p.m
The Dominicans have had a presence in Newbridge since the 16th Century. On Christmas Day 1819 they opened a church on the present site beside the River Liffey. This was replaced in 1870. The present church was built and opened for worship in 1966. Much of the Art work in the church including the Stations of the Cross, the crucifixion group, altar panels and Madonna and Child are the work of the well known Dominican sculptor, Fr. Henry Flanagan, who was a member of the community for most of his life up to the time of his death in 1992. (Other works by Fr. Flanagan include, the Mother and Child outside Scoil Mhuire Snr, and the Statue of the Virgin Mary in Cill Mhuire Church). Since the late 1980’s, the Dominican Church serves the parish, and all parish services take place there including Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals.
St. Eustace’s Dominican Church